Operate AX products
Thank you for purchasing your new Chime Master Platinum Advanced eXperience™ virtual bell instrument! As our newest product line, this manual is subject to change as features are enhanced and released. Check back often for updates.
This document may be printed by clicking Printable version under Tools in the sidebar (Desktop view only).
Initial settings and schedules
- Chime Master often sets up and programs systems prior to shipment, according to the needs of the client.
- Read this section to avoid losing your settings.
Reviewing the schedule
To review such a schedule or check to see if your system does not have a schedule, bring up the Schedule Review screen:
- Login with the PIN code (initially 1234).
- Tap the Schedule button.
- Tap the Review button.
- Check the weekly schedule.
- Tap the Weekly tab at the top of the screen.
- Tap and check the days of the week for programming.
- Check the annual schedule,
- because we often pre-program annual memorial events. To check it:
- Tap the Annual tab at the top of the screen.
If there are no events scheduled, the lower portion of the review screen will state "No rows found."
Use the Guided Setup
It is important to review the schedule as described above, because it will be cleared when you use the Guided Setup menu.
- Login or tap the Home icon at the top of the screen
- Tap the Settings button.
- Tap the Guided Setup button.
- You'll see a reminder that the schedule will be cleared if you proceed. Tap Ok to agree, or Cancel to quit.
- If the schedule was empty, you'll see the affirmation screen that it indeed "is already clear."
You will be asked to select your time zone and answer a few questions that will help you to make the settings that have satisfied the majority of the clients and churches we serve. All of the choices you make can be adjusted later using the menus listed below.
Change the PIN security code
We ship new systems with the security PIN for the first user (an administrator) set to 1234. This can be changed for obvious reasons if the ringing system is in a public area. To reset the code:
- Login or tap the Home icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Tap the User Profile button.
- Tap the Current PIN field and enter it.
- Tap the New PIN field. Enter the new PIN you want to set with a length from four to ten digits.
- Tap the Verify PIN field. Re-enter the new PIN.
- Tap the Save PIN button
Front panel controls
When power is restored to the system, it will power on after a delay to test the line voltage. The power light will blink green while the system is initializing. It will turn solid gold when the system is ready. There are three gestures you can make on the button.
- wakes up the backlight for the touch screen and adjusts the brightness
- cancels any concert or ringing in progress (light momentarily turns red)
- Press and hold for 1 second
- cancels concerts and waits to be sure you want to initiate Shut Down (light turns red, then blinks magenta).
- If the button is not clicked within 3 seconds Shut down will begin (light blinks blue).
- Wait until the button is solid blue before disconnecting AC power.
- Clicking when the button is solid blue will restart the system.
- A single, light tap with your finger or the soft end of the supplied stylus is all that is required. Pressing on the display or using a pointed object will cause damage.
- After several minutes of inactivity, it is normal for the screen to dim, lock and even go completely dark to save power. As long as the status light is gold, scheduled events will play normally.
Each screen menu will have a toolbar at the top for navigation, speaker control and status. Usage details are on the the Home screen page below.
Choose the button labels below to access instructions for each. This list is organized in the order they appear on the system screens.
- One Time Events
- Weekly Events
- Monthly Events
- Annual Events
- Configure Time Strike
- Configure Angelus
We are busy building the Chime Center™ remote management portal. These features require the ringing system to be connected to the Internet.
- Basic remote control
- Automatic update deployment
- Media file loading to the ringing system
- Forgotten PIN code resets
- Multi-user administration
- User custom remote screens
- SmartAlmanac™ season and music customization
- Custom ringing pattern programming
- Complex scheduling and schedule management
- Ringing system backup