Volume setup AX
This screen configures the default volume levels. Changes made on other screens or scheduled events are temporary, and the system will return to these default settings you make. Zones A and B are the two outside speaker channels. The monitor level adjustments affects both the front panel speakers as well as the output connections that may be made to your PA system or other inside speakers.
Setting the toolbar Front Speaker button here will set the default condition for the front panel after you log out. Tapping the Front Speaker button while working on the system (to save your hearing if the default is Loud) while logged in will reset to the default setting here when you save the screen settings.
Make small incremental adjustments and walk around outside while the system is playing. The settings range from 1 to 11.
Below the Inside and Outside fader sections are Mixer switches.
- Stereo setting disables opposite channels and their faders are grayed out and minimized for maximum channel separation.
- Mix allows Left and Right outputs to be proportionally mixed into each zone.
Tap the Save button at lower right to save your changes. Tap the Toolbar back button or Home button to abandon your changes.
- Recommended levels
- These levels depend on amplifier sensitivity and gain adjustments. Chime Master inSpire amplifiers and sound packages are assumed below.
Level 1 should be safe enough to be in the tower with the speakers for testing after installation.
Levels 2-3 are suitable for night ringing, if required
Levels 4-6 are reasonably loud for most neighborhoods if the speakers are open (not behind tower louvers).
Levels 7-9 may be needed for noisy environments and towers with heavy louvers (less than 40% open).
Level 10 and above should only be used for short length Mono and Simple music to avoid:
- Speaker overdrive distortion
- Triggering amplifier protection modes (occasional sound drop outs)