PDF manual downloads
- Operating Manual PDF download
- Management Suite software manual PDF download
- Chime with harp bells music and bell ringing codes
- Bronze bell carillon music and bell ringing codes
- Ethnic Additions
Orthodox churches may or may not wish to mix their music in with the standard library. For this reason, we download a custom Group-9 Almanac to the system prior to shipment. If the customer has the Management Suite, they may further customize this random group. Currently available ethnic Group-9 Almanac files are Spanish, Polish, Greek, Ukrainian and Byzantine.
Ethnic music addendum sheets are shipped with these systems.
When the system is idle, we say that it is in Standby, waiting either for a manual command or an automatic schedule event to trigger. The display may be in a dim screen saver mode that moves the current time around the display. Pressing one of the gray cursor keys will exit screen saver and show the following display:
N 3:02* PM. MON 05-26 Swng Peal Toll Hymn
The top line indicates
- Current SmartAlmanac season
- N Nonseasonal music for ordinary time
- P US Patriotic
- L Lent
- E Easter
- M Marian
- T Thanksgiving
- A Advent
- C Christmas
- Current time
- Day of the week
The bottom line indicates an abbreviated name for each of the first four programmable function/remote buttons.
Press the Enter button to bring up the Main Menu. Press the cursor up or cursor down button until the desired menu selection flashes, then press the Enter button again to go into that menu. Pressing a numeric button for the item number will also quickly access each menu item shown below in bold.
- View/Edit Schedule (shortcut 1) is used to review and modify the active weekly ringing schedule.
- Play Selections (0) plays any selections manually.
- System Setup Menu (2) contains the following sub-menus that are used to configure the bell system.
- Time Strike/Auto Level (0) globally sets time strike and volume level changes for blocks of time.
- Set System Clock (1) makes adjustments to the system time and date. Also see Daylight Saving setup menu for instructions for changing the dates DST will change.
- Edit Remote Button (2) is an editor for eight programmable buttons on the front panel that allow easy access to common functions. Any or all of these eight buttons can also appear on the Church Bell Remote Control app, and the first four can be activated from the mini hardware remote. Schedule these functions using functional macro codes to simplify changes to automatic ringing styles.
- Seasonal Options (3) makes changes to the SmartAlmanac features, enables Daylight Time adjustments, inside/outside speaker zoning options and musical style preferences.
- Security Options (4) allows you to set a PIN number to unlock the front panel keypad to prevent unauthorized tampering.
The four remote selection buttons duplicate the buttons 1 through 4 on the front panel of the Chime Master System Unit. When the system is in the Standby mode, these four buttons allow special functions to be played. The buttons have the following factory defaults:
- Swing - call to worship/Mass bell
- Peal - celebration/wedding peal
- Toll - funeral toll
- Hymn - selection of music appropriate to the current season
The red Stop button on the remote duplicates the red Stop button on the front panel. Whenever the system is playing, pressing stop will cause the selection to be interrupted. If a function with multiple selections is programmed, then the next selection in the sequence may play after the current one is canceled. To cancel all selections, press Stop at least two times.
When a selection is ready to play, the green Play button duplicates the action of the Play button on the front panel. If the Jukebox concert menu is open in the Management Suite software, the playlist will begin to play when you press the remote control's Play button.
To send a command from the remote transmitter to the Chime Master, simply press the appropriate button. Each time a button is pressed, it should be held for about one second. If the battery condition allows proper transmission, the green battery condition light will illuminate.
The buttons can be re-programmed from the factory functions. Entering zeros for the program will restore the factory settings.
Monitor volume control
You may adjust the inside volume level by pressing either the cursor up or cursor down button to raise or lower the volume level.
While a selection is playing
During the performance of a music or ringing selection, the display will indicate the selection that is playing on the lower line of the front panel screen. The current date and time will continue to be displayed on the top line.
You can reject the selection that is playing or all selections that are queued to play. Press the red Stop button once to go to the next selection, or double click it to reject the entire program.
Press and hold the zero button for three seconds to suspend automation. The default suspension time is three hours, but this can be adjusted using the Management Suite's settings menu.
The time display will alternate between the current time and Automation Suspended every two seconds. During suspension of the automatic schedule, manual selections may be played with the remote control or front panel function buttons.
Press and hold the zero button to resume scheduled ringing.
Management Suite is a Windows software application that extends the usefulness of your Chime Master ringing equipment.
- Follow these instructions to install Management Suite.
Free version features
- Main Menu
- Weekly Schedules
- Scheduling volume changes
- Concert play lists and performance
- Remote control panel
- Settings menu
- Firmware Update
- Library Update
Premium version features
- Scheduling Special events
- Manage random music with Music Librarian
- Administration menu for remote app
- SD Card MP3 title manager
- Playing your own MP3 files on the user's SD Card
- Call for Service messages and errors with the Chime Master music library