The Platinum Advanced eXperience™ virtual bell instrument is made in Ohio by Chime Master.
Front and center on the Platinum AX™ is a color touch screen presenting intuitive customizable menus. Initial setup screens clearly guide you with questions about your traditions, ringing preferences and schedule needs.
The Platinum AX ™ features our completely remastered high definition Chime Master HD-Bells™. Choose your bell voice from twenty-five meticulously sampled authentic bell instruments including several chimes and carillons cast by European and historic American foundries.
Powerful front facing speakers provide inside ringing and practice sound when you play or record the bells using a connected keyboard. Combined with a Chime Master inSpire outdoor audio system with full-range speakers, the reproduction of authentic cast bronze bells is often mistaken for a tower of real bells.
An expansive library of selections includes thousands of hymns in various arrangements and multiple customizable ringing functions. You may expand your collection by personally recording or importing thousands more.
Control your bells remotely from anywhere with Chime Master’s exclusive Chime Center™. This portal seamlessly integrates online management and remote control. Online tools facilitate schedule changes, backup of recordings and settings, as well as automatic updates as soon as they are available!
- Color touch screen
- Powerful front facing monitor speakers
- Solid cherry face
- Easy remote control with tablet or phone
- Scan an onscreen QR image with your device's camera for instant remote app installation
- Secure authentication connects you to the system anywhere you have Internet
- Local short-range remote options are also available
- One-year subscription to premium Chime Center™
- Beautiful and expansive library of hymns and music
- recorded and produced by experienced church musicians
- as many as five arrangements of each tune
- arrangement styles can be assigned to different bell instruments
- enable arrangement styles to create your unique presence in the community
- Enhanced SmartAlmanac™
- Follows the almanac calendar and plays music appropriate to the season automatically
- HD Bells™ instruments
- Four cast bronze carillon instruments
- Two harp bell accompaniment instruments
- Three chime instruments
- Plus chime subsets of the four carillons
- Ten tolling bell instruments
- for clock striking, funeral tolls as well as simple music arrangements
- Four swinging bell instruments
- Flexible clock ringing
- keep time with customizable hour striking
- options for quarter hours
- twelve built-in clock chime melodies
- create your own unique clock chime melody
- Liturgical ringing
- Hundreds of Peals, Tolls, Swinging, and Angelus bells to meet your congregation’s needs for Weddings, Funerals, Worship, Mass and Prayer.
- Media file compatibility
- Super-capacitor clock backup never needs replacing
- Automatic daylight time correction
Our expansive musical library has been performed by experienced and inspired church musicians. Each song is available in up to five styles of arrangements:
- Monophonic - melody only - suitable for any instrument, even the louder tolling bell instruments
- Simple - a few harmony notes with the melody - can be played on any chime or carillon instrument
- Three-Octave - artistically arranged for any carillon instrument
- FIve-Octave - embellished carillon arrangements with deep tones and soaring arpeggios
- Two-Part - melody on chime or carillon accompanied by an harp bell instrument
The library can be expanded using a MIDI keyboard or compatible organ to add your own custom recordings.
A generous variety of the most realistic bell instruments allow you to have a distinctive voice in your community.
- All musical bell instruments can be played from the keyboard
- Select preferred arrangements and instruments for almanac selected music
- Cast bronze bells from different regions have distinctive timbres resulting from different foundry profile patterns
- High Definition Advanced eXperience specifications
- Original recordings are either 48k/24 or 5.6MHz DSD and stored on the system as 48k 24-bit PCM
- Bell samples are stored and played in their entirety (large bells may take more than two minutes to ring and decay completely)
- Dynamic Headroom - up to 18 carillon bells can be struck simultaneously before distortion (velocity = 100)
- Polyphony - there is no limit to the number of bells that can be decaying together
Cast bronze carillon instruments
All carillon instruments feature at least 73 bells (six full octaves) each
- English carillon - cast bronze carillon from an historic English foundry
- Flemish carillon - cast bronze carillon from the Flemish region
- Savoie™ carillon - cast bronze carillon from the foothills of the Alps
- Felice carillon - major third cast bronze bells (other cast bells have a minor 3rd harmonic)
Harp bell accompaniment instruments
All harp instruments feature at least 61 bells (five full octaves) each
- Concert harp bells - vibraharp (vibrato valves are open and stationary)
- Millennium harp bells - electro-mechanical harp bells
Chime instruments feature at least 30 bells each
- Orchestral chime - 1-1/2 inch diameter brass tubular bells (3 octave)
- Millennium chime - electro-mechanical chime (4-1/2 octave)
- Welsh chime - 5-6 inch diameter bronze tubular bells (4-1/2 octave)
Tolling instruments feature at least 25 bells each. These bells are struck with heavy hammers and are generally used for clock and liturgical ringing. Music arranged with melody only can also be performed on tolling instruments.
- Baltimore bells
- Boston bells
- Buckeye bells
- Millennium tolling bells
- Orchestral tolling bells
- Savoie™ bells
- St. Louis bells
- Troy bells
- Watervliet bells
- Welsh tolling bells
Swinging bell instruments
These bells are only used for liturgical ringing. They are not available on the keyboard.
- Baltimore bells
- Buckeye bells
- Savoie™ bells
- St. Louis bells
- MIDI keyboard support
- Professional balanced audio outputs (two inside and two outside)
- inSpire Amplifier control and fault detection
- Network interface (wired or wireless)
- Optional wired or optical tower bells/clock interface
- Handsome cabinet for tabletop use
- Available rack mounting brackets
- 16.5 W x 5.25 H x 8 D (inch)
- 10 lb.
This specification is preliminary and subject to change. The product can update when connected to the internet. Many feature upgrades are planned.