Operate Libertas LX
The Libertas LX is a sophisticated control system for up to six bells
- Up to six tolling hammer outputs
- Up to six swinging bell motor outputs
When the system is idle, we say that it is in Standby, waiting either for a manual command or an automatic schedule event to trigger. The display may be in a dim screen saver mode that moves the current time around the display. Pressing one of the gray cursor keys will exit screen saver and show the following display:
2:44 PM. TUE* 07-21 Swg1 Peal Tol1 Tol5
The top line indicates
- Current time with AM/PM
- a period after the AM/PM indication shows that the time is synchronized
- Day of the week
- an asterisk after the day indicates daylight saving time
The bottom line indicates an abbreviated name for each of the first four programmable function/remote buttons.
Press the Enter button to bring up the Main Menu. Press the cursor up or cursor down button until the desired menu selection flashes, then press the Enter button again to go into that menu. Pressing a numeric button for the item number will also quickly access each menu item shown below in bold.
- Play Selections (1) plays any selections manually.
- View/Edit Schedule (shortcut 2) is used to review and modify the active weekly ringing schedule.
- System Setup Menu (3) contains the following sub-menus that are used to configure the bell system.
- Program Time Strike (0) globally sets time strike for blocks of time.
- Set System Clock (1) makes adjustments to the system time and date. Also see Daylight Saving setup menu for instructions for changing the dates DST will change.
- Edit Remote Button (2) is an editor for eight programmable buttons on the front panel.
- Misc Options (3) makes changes Daylight Time adjustments, tolling tempo and coasting time for swinging bells.
- Swinging Bell Timing (4) set tempo for swinging simulation or motor controls.
- Time Strike Melody (5) lets you select which melody (default is Westminster) will play for the time striking function.
- Power off-Save State (6) save the current schedule and settings to backup FLASH before removing power for storage (more than one week).
- Security Options (7) allows you to set a PIN number to unlock the front panel keypad to prevent unauthorized tampering.
The four remote selection buttons duplicate the buttons 1 through 4 on the front panel of the Chime Master System Unit. When the system is in the Standby mode, these four buttons allow special functions to be played. The buttons have the following factory defaults:
- Swg1- One minute call to worship/Mass bell
- Peal - celebration/wedding peal
- Tol1 - One minute funeral toll
- Tol5 - Five minute funeral toll
The red Stop button on the remote duplicates the red Stop button on the front panel. Whenever the system is playing, pressing stop will cause the selection to be interrupted. If a function with multiple selections is programmed, then the next selection in the sequence may play after the current one is canceled. To cancel all selections, press Stop at least two times.
When a selection is ready to play, the green Play button duplicates the action of the Play button on the front panel.
The buttons can be re-programmed from the factory functions. Entering zeros for the program will restore the factory settings.
While a selection is playing
During the performance of a music or ringing selection, the display will indicate the selection that is playing on the lower line of the front panel screen. The current date and time will continue to be displayed on the top line.
You can reject the selection that is playing or all selections that are queued to play. Press the red Stop button once to go to the next selection, or double click it to reject the entire program.
Press and hold the zero button for three seconds to suspend automation. The default suspension time is three hours, but this can be adjusted using the Management Suite's settings menu. The time display will alternate between the current time and Automation Suspended every two seconds. During suspension of the automatic schedule, manual selections may be played with the remote control or front panel function buttons.
Press and hold the zero button to resume scheduled ringing.