Operate AX products
Thank you for purchasing your new Chime Master Platinum Advanced eXperience™ virtual bell instrument! As our newest product line, this manual is subject to change as features are enhanced and released. Check back often for updates.
Use the search feature (Ctrl-F) to quickly find exactly what you're looking for. If you prefer, any or all of this document may be printed by clicking "Printable version" under tools, near the top of the left column. Please visit the AX Products Glossary to learn more about the Advanced eXperience from Chime Master!
Initial settings and schedules
Reviewing the schedule
Chime Master often pre-programs systems prior to shipment according to the needs of the client. To review such a schedule or check to see if your system does not have a schedule, bring up the Schedule Review screen:
- Login with the PIN code (initially 1234)
- Tap the Schedule button
- Tap the Review button
- Check the weekly schedule
- Tap the Weekly tab at the top of the screen
- Successively tap and check the days of the week for programming
- Check the annual schedule, as we often pre-program annual memorial events. To check it
- Tap the Annual tab at the top of the screen
If there are no events scheduled, the lower portion of the review screen will state "No rows found."
Use the guided Quick Setup
It is important to review the schedule as described above, because it will be cleared when you use the Quick Setup menu to set up your system.
- Login or click the Home icon at the top of the screen
- Tap the Settings button
- Tap the Quick Setup button
- A reminder that the schedule will be cleared if you proceed. Tap Ok to agree, or Cancel to quit.
- A good sign if you were not sure that the schedule was clear is the affirmation screen that it indeed "is already clear."
You will be asked to select your time zone and answer a few questions that will help you to make the settings that have satisfied the majority of the client churches we serve. All of the choices you make can be adjusted later using the menus listed below.
Front panel controls
When power is restored to the system, it will power on after a delay to test the line voltage. The power light will blink green while the system is initializing. It will turn solid gold when the system is ready. There are three gestures you can make on the button.
- wakes up the backlight for the touch screen and adjusts the brightness
- cancels any concert or ringing in progress (light momentarily turns red)
- Press and hold for 1 second
- cancels concerts and waits to be sure you want to initiate Shut Down (light turns red, then blinks magenta).
- If the button is not clicked within 3 seconds Shut down will begin (light blinks blue).
- Wait until the button is solid blue before disconnecting AC power.
- Clicking when the button is solid blue will restart the system.
- A single, light tap with your finger or the soft end of the supplied stylus is all that is required. Pressing on the display or using a pointed object will cause damage.
- After several minutes of inactivity, it is normal for the screen to dim, lock and even go completely dark to save power. As long as the status light is gold, scheduled events will play normally.
Each screen menu will have a toolbar at the top for navigation, speaker control and status. Usage details are on the the Home screen page below.
- One Time Events
- Weekly Events
- Monthly Events
- Annual Events
- Configure Time Strike
- Configure Angelus
- Review Schedule
- Customize Home Screen
- Music Style
- Ringing Style
- Advanced Keyboard Setup
- Date and Time
- Reset Setup
If your administrative user has given you access to the remote control, there will be a Remote button on your front panel home screen. This button brings up a screen that has a QR code on it. Scan the code with your phone or tablet to load the remote screen. Sometimes the device camera will read the code more reliably when the system screen is dimmed. Click the front panel power button (the gold light) to dim the screen. Most phone cameras will detect a QR code without a special app but they can be found at no cost for any platform.
Your home screen will now be available on your phone or tablet to activate music and ringing. The keyboard performance and recording screen will also be available.
With Internet access, the code will take you to your home screen served by the Chime Center web portal. Both the bell system and your phone/tablet must be connected to the Internet. Use your browser menu to save the remote control to your phone's home screen. You will be able to use your phone to control the bell system from anywhere you have an internet connection.
We are busy building the Chime Center™ remote management portal. These features require the ringing system to be connected to the Internet.
- Basic remote control
- Automatic update deployment
- Media file loading to the ringing system
- Forgotten PIN code resets
- Multi-user administration
- User custom remote screens
- SmartAlmanac™ season and music customization
- Custom ringing pattern programming
- Complex scheduling and schedule management
- Ringing system backup