MIDI Carillon Keyboard
The Chime Master carillon style MIDI keyboard controller uses the pedals and manual baton keys like those used to perform music on concert sized tower carillon instruments. It accurately simulates the weights of the bell clappers on the baton keys. You can use this keyboard as either a practice instrument, or an authentic keyboard controller for our electronic keyboards. We provide the keyboard in three assembly options:
- Fully assembled
- Quick-build kit
- Complete parts kit
Whether you’re an aspiring musician or professional carillonist, you can enhance your skill and expertise without leaving the comfort of home. Even if the nearest carillon tower is quite a distance away, you can ensure you’ll always be ready for a performance. Combining quality and affordability into a standards compliant, touch sensitive package, the Chime Master carillon keyboard is designed to provide a realistic carillon experience.
Chime Master carillon keyboards are available for purchase as a kit or fully assembled and delivered to your door.
Fully assembled keyboards are also available to rent for a modest monthly fee.
Features and Specifications
The output of the keyboard will plug into any MIDI instrument. A standard five-pin MIDI cable is supplied.
Convenient standard geometry
The Guild of Carilloneurs of North America and the World Carillon Federation have made the WCF-2006 keyboard standard an ideal compromise between Dutch and American keyboards that were made up to that time. The baton spacing allows the four-octave instrument to be transported in many mid sized cars and mini-vans. The manual keyboard detaches from the pedal board for portability.
The manual has a scope of 49 keys from C1 to C5, with 20 pedals from C1 to G2 with no missing semitones.
- 43 inches high x 60 inches wide x 26-1/2 deep (56 inches high with music stand)
- Keyboard weight 230 lbs.
- 12 VDC in (530 mA), 1000 mA adapter included
- MIDI OUT standard 5-Pin DIN connector
- Sustain pedal input (1/4 inch phone jack)
- only needed if using a synthesizer with voice with damping (like a piano)
Call Jeff Crook for pricing details for these options.
- Wooden skins to hide and protect the mechanism
- Wooden keys are standard, but synthetic keys are available for washable high-usage situations
- Wooden adjustable bench
- Sound systems
- Our Bell samples page has instructions for setting up a Mac or PC to provide sound using sampled bells
- Chime Master has an available sound module with multiple bells, transposition, amplifier and speakers
MIDI Carillon Keyboard specification sheet (PDF)
Assembly guide and videos are available online to kit purchasers.
- Review by Carlo van Ulft: