Difference between revisions of "Automation survey"
Latest revision as of 11:20, 20 February 2019
This checklist is to help us understand what components and infrastructure may be in place that can be re-used to update your bell ringing system.
- Single Phase (220, 230, 240 or other VAC): Two hot legs, optional Neutral?
- Three Phase (208, 212 or other VAC): Three hot legs
- Existing circuit breaker Amperage
- Supply lead gauge
- Mechanical or digital?
- Condition and type of control cabling to tower
- Relay panel
- Nearby power disconnect?
- Panel dimensions H x W (cabinet Depth)
- Panel mounting bolt size, center to center dimensions
- Rectifiers (DC pulses) on clapper/hammer outputs?
Provide surveys for each bell with at least its diameter and mounting method (photos). Also provide recordings of each bell when possible.
- Bearing type on axles
- Wheel materials and diameter
- Existing motor
- HP rating
- RPM rating
- Number of teeth on chain cog
Clappers and hammers
- Internal or external to the bell
- Mounting description
- Solenoid/Magnet style
- Coil DC resistance (if less than 35 Ohm, high current output option is required)