Mobile App Host
The Management Suite becomes a server when you enable the Mobile App Host. For this reason, Windows may put a security icon on the Management Suite icon and ask you if you are sure you want to allow the program to make changes to your computer. In addition to enabling the host in the Administration panel, you also need to modify the startup shortcut to run the program as an administrator.
- Right-click the icon on the desktop, and/or the shortcut in the start menu or taskbar
- Select Properties from the menu
- On the Shortcut tab, click the Advanced button
- Check the option to Run as administrator
- Click the OK buttons to close the properties menu
The Administration panel displays your computer's IP address that you will enter into the settings of the Church Bell Remote app when you connect your mobile phone or tablet to the local LAN via WiFi. If you have forwarded the computer's server port through your network firewall to the internet, you can find your public IP address by Googling 'What is my IP.'
Mobile App User Permissions
The Church Bell Remote mobile app will not connect to the carillon until you set up users and passwords. You can edit permissions after you have set up the users. Permissions include:
- Selection Entry – ability to enter a specific song or bell function
- F1-F8 – access to the pre-programmed function buttons
- Tower Performance – use of the keyboard to perform (Millennium and Platinum)
- Record Performance – use of the keyboard to practice (Millennium and Platinum)
For example, you may want to grant the cemetery owner across the street the permission to play a specific, requested song and F3 (toll) on Monday through Friday, and not the permission to adjust the volume. For this individual user, check the Selection Entry box and the F3 box; check boxes Monday through Friday and adjust times if desired.
This directory defaults to the user's My Documents directory for storing Millennium Suite files for backups and schedules. If several users login to the PC to schedule the bell system, they will not be able to access files saved by other users. You may also wish to use a network server to store your files on, and this can be specified here. This works best if the network directory is mapped to a drive letter.
Network Time Server
Normally the default timeservers work for the time sync function. If you do not have Internet access on your network or prefer to use your own server, enter its address and port (typically 123) and select if it uses the NTP or NIST protocol.